DAIC is the acronym of Discourse Analysis and Intercultural Communication and is an interdisciplinary research group founded in 2009 and sited at the UAM (Autonomous University of Madrid, Spain). Most UAM-DAIC members are University lecturers with experience in second language education and teacher training.
Our main research lines are related to following areas of study:
- (Critical) discourse analysis
- Cultural awareness and interculturality in the language classroom
- Analysis of language teaching materials
- Teacher training in the field of language teaching
- Communication, discourse and intercultural pragmatics
- English-Spanish contrastive analysis
On this page you will find information about the work we do on discourse analysis, intercultural communication, and educational linguistics (second language teaching pedagogies from a sociocultural perspective, second language teacher development and classroom research). You will also read about our most recent publications and the teaching materials we have developed to be used in foreign language teaching and education.